Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
The Tru-Core Muzzle Brake for .223/556 has 2 defining features for your rifle setup. 1st being incredible compensation and muzzle rise mitigation. This is achieved in a few ways. 2 rear primary compensation ports tuned to eliminate muzzle rise. Combined with our 2-piece design this brake has 360-degree ports on the inner core that move gas and air in a way other muzzle devices cannot. The Tru-Core design has tapered cross ports that act as a venturi and scavenge gas from the 2nd and 3rd chambers which results in virtually no gas following the bullet on exit. The 2nd innovative feature for the Tru-Core Muzzle Brake is a -.750 inner core OD which provides the ability to leave the inner core installed for maintenance and removal of the gas block on those 16” overall builds. Included on the Inner Core resides a predrilled hole with a recess for those looking to pin and weld this brake to the barrel.
View this post on Instagram
- Tru-Core Brake fully assembled
- Spare 10-32×1/8 knurled set screw
- Shim Set
- Qty 1) 2.00mm
- Qty 2) 0.34mm
- Qty 3) 0.22mm
- Qty 3) 0.11mm
- Qty 4) 0.075mm
Tools needed for installation
- 5/8 Wrench – Inner Core
- 7/8 Wrench – Shell
- 5/64 Allen Wrench – 10-32 knurled set screw
- Torque Spec: 15-25 ft lbs
- Rocksett recommended for Inner Core to Barrel Threads
- Rocksett recommended for 10-32 screw (ONCE UPPER IS FULLY ASSEMBLED)
- NO Rocksett or thread locker recommended for Shell to Inner Core thread interface.
- Soak Device for 24 hrs to remove Rocksett
*Before installing make sure your firearm is unloaded and in safe work hold*
- For Tru-Core installation use your provided shim set to find the perfect timing and fit.
- With the included shims find any combination that will show your Inner Core about 15-20 degrees from perfect alignment.
- It is then recommended to remove the Inner Core and apply a small amount of Rocksett to the threads and reinstall to the barrel.
- BONUS STEP: to perfectly align the barrel/shims/Inner Core together slide a gas block over everything as you finger tighten it all into place.
- Torque Core to 15-25 ft lbs. as needed to get perfectly aligned. (It is okay to change shims after this point if needed.)
- Thread on Shell to Inner Core until the timing hole appears in line with timing notch on the Inner Core. You should also see the primary ports on the top of the brake even on the brake.
- Is it recommended to add Rocksett to the Knurled 10-32 set screw and torque to 8-10 in lbs. once set.
- Extreme bullet turbulence mitigation
- Stops muzzle rise and felt recoil
- Inner core can be pinned with recess provided for welding
- 11 degree target crown
- Material: 303 Stainless Steel
- Threads: ½-28
- Inner Core – PVD
- Shell – Nitride
- Overall Length – 2.36”
- Shell OD – .980”
- Inner Core OD -.750”
- Weight: 4.1 oz